Sugar-Free Cranberry SauceCourse: Sides, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
4 cups fresh or frozen Cranberries
2/3 cup cold water
1 Apple, unpeeled and diced (Granny Smith, Pink Lady, or other tart variety is best)
3/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Wash and pick over Cranberries, removing any rotten ones.
- Cook in water in medium saucepan until skins burst, about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the berries from sticking.
- Add chopped Apple and Maple Syrup.
- Simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add nuts and stir. Put the sauce into a glass container and refrigerate. Keeps for 3-4 weeks (if you don’t eat it all LONG before that:)