These cupcakes are perfect for Thanksgiving!! They are delicious topped with homemade whipped cream or Sweet Cheese!
Pumpkin Cranberry CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Lt. Olive Oil
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
1 cup Spelt flour (or gluten-free flour mix)
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Allspice (optional)
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground Ginger
Pinch of ground Cloves
- FRUIT & NUTS
1/2 cup frozen Cranberries
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts or Pecans
1/2 cup chopped Apple (Granny Smith or Pink Lady or other tart variety is best)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahreheit. In a large bowl whisk together Maple Syrup, Lt. Oil, Eggs, Pumpkin Puree, and Vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and spices with a fork until well mixed.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix until blended. Do not overmix!
- Fold the fruit and nuts into the batter.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Distribute the batter evenly between the 12 cupcake liners, filling each one about 2/3 full.
- Bake the cupcakes on the top rack for about 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the thickest cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- Frost with Sweet Cheese or Homemade Whipped Cream and enjoy!