This recipe is a super easy take on a timeless classic! Baking the cherries first allows the fruit to get soft without burning the crust, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup add just a bit of extra sweetness to the cherries, and the tapioca flour helps to thicken the filling. If you don’t have any tapioca, you could easily substitute Arrowroot powder. This pie is delicious on it’s own but you could also serve it with a scoop of GMO-free vanilla ice cream!
4 Ingredient Cherry PieCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
5 cups frozen cherries
3 Tbsp. Tapioca flour
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Splash of lemon juice
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a 9×12 glass pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until the cherries are soft.
- Roll out half of the pie crust and place in the bottom of a pie pan. Pour the cherry mixture into the crust.
- Roll out the rest of the pie crust and place on top of the pie. Poke a few holes in the crust with a fork to let the steam out.
- Cover the pie with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the crust is browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- You could substitute Arrowroot powder for the Tapioca flour.