Soaked Spelt Flour CrepesCourse: Dinner, Snacks, LunchCuisine: American, FrenchDifficulty: Medium
2 cups Spelt flour
2 cups Water
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 cup grass-fed Butter
1/4 tsp. Salt
Butter for frying
- In a large bowl mix the Spelt flour, Water, and Lemon Juice. Cover and let soak for at least 12 hours.
- Heat a small frying pan on low to medium heat on the stovetop.
- After the flour has soaked, melt 1/4 cup Butter in a small bowl in the oven or in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
- In another small bowl, beat the Eggs.
- Add the Eggs, melted Butter, and Salt to the Flour and whisk thoroughly.
- Put a small pat of Butter in the frying pan. When the butter starts to sizzle the pan should be hot enough.
- Spoon the Crepe batter into the pan using a 1/4 cup measurement. Tilt the pan to distribute the batter evenly. Cook the Crepe until the edges look cooked. Flip the Crepe using a spatula and cook on the second side until it appears cooked to your preference.
- Butter the pan again and continue making the Crepes. These have to be monitored CONSTANTLY otherwise they will burn VERY EASILY!
- You can enjoy these filled with chicken salad or other meat/vegetables as lunch wraps, filled with Sweet Cheese and Cherries (or other baked fruit) as a dessert, as tortillas for Tacos or Burritos…the options are endless!