These brownies are not just super delicious, they are actually good for you!
Sugar-Free Frosted Carob BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
These are AMAZING!
4 ¼ oz. grass-fed butter (a little over a ½ cup)
¼ cup Maple Syrup
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla extract (optional)
5 Tbsp. Carob powder
¼ cup Spelt Flour or gluten-free flour mix (You can use sprouted or soaked flour as well!)
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Baking Powder (or use 1/8 tsp. each of Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar)
2 oz. butter, softened (1/4 cup)
3 Tbsp. Carob powder
1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- To make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter (or you can melt it in an oven-safe bowl in the oven). Remove from heat and pour into a medium size bowl.
- Stir in Maple Syrup, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, Carob powder, salt and baking powder. Stir the dry mixture into the wet, just until everything is mixed and there are no clumps of flour or Carob.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in brownies comes out clean. Do not overcook.
- To make the icing:
- In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the butter, Carob powder, and Maple Syrup until smooth.
- Frost the brownies while they are still warm. Be careful not to crumble the brownies as you spread the frosting, as they are very soft.
- After frosting the brownies you can enjoy them in several ways (they are delicious no matter what!):
Carefully cut the brownies and serve while still warm.
Chill in the refrigerator and serve after they have firmed up a little.
Carefully cut while warm and then freeze so that they harden.