These brownies are GUILT-FREE! With no sugar and no flour, the carb content is way lower than regular brownies, but they are still super delicious!
Flourless Carob BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
4 1/2 oz. grass-fed butter (a little over a 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
9 Tbsp. Carob powder (just under a 1/2 cup)
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder (or 1/8 tsp. each of Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar)
2 oz. grass-fed butter, softened (1/4 cup)
3 Tbsp. Carob powder
1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- To make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter (or you can melt it in an oven-safe bowl in the oven). Remove from heat and pour into a medium size bowl.
- Stir in Maple Syrup, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the Carob powder, salt and baking powder. Stir the dry mixture into the wet, just until everything is mixed and there are no clumps of Carob.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in brownies comes out clean. Do not overcook.
- To make the icing:
- In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the butter, Carob powder, and Maple Syrup until smooth.
- Frost the brownies while they are still warm. Be careful not to crumble the brownies as you spread the frosting, as they are very soft.
- After frosting the brownies you can enjoy them in several ways (they are delicious no matter what!):
Carefully cut the brownies and serve while still warm.
Chill in the refrigerator and serve after they have firmed up a little.
Carefully cut while warm and then freeze so that they harden.